Client: McCorkell Constructions
Contract Value: $110,000 +GST
Project Timeframe: September to November 2018
Landscape construction of nature play and surrounding hard and soft landscape elements, including the following:
- Water pump from mains
- Wet creek including drainage
- Large new trees as well as retaining and incorporating existing trees
- Mass block feature walls
- Granite boulders to form creek walls
- Jarrah steppers log bridge milled steppers
- Design and install irrigation system for surrounding landscape
- Planting and mulching
- Feature stone work.
MHPS was a challenging project on a tight site with limited set-down space. Due to site restrictions, works were carefully constructed commencing at the rear of the site, working towards the entrance, and undertaken during school hours.
The biggest challenge was the granite boulders given their weight and the limited site access. Using a 4T excavator stones were rolled from the set down area to the creek, with holes measured and pre-dug to ensure stones were correctly positioned on the first attempt.